THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN CHARLESTON HAS ISSUED AN ICE STORM WARNING … WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TUESDAY TO 5 PM EST WEDNESDAY.
Ice accumulation will likely cause damage, electrical outages and dangerous driving conditions in an area that only sees snow maybe twice a decade. As a precaution, it is likely that Printkeg employees will leave early on Tuesday and not be in the office on Wednesday. Sure, most of us would be willing to strap on some boots and hike to work because that’s how dedicated we are! However, with schools and roads possibly closing, some of us absolutely will not be able to make it in.
– At this time, it is unknown how much UPS will be affected by the storm.
– Our venders have already cancelled deliveries for Wednesday 29th
– School and road closings will severely limit our ability to work
– Electrical outages will inhibit us from printing
– Service technicians will not be available Tuesday 27th or Wednesday 29th
Some orders may be delayed
It is likely that orders due on Wednesday will not be shipped until Thursday. Many orders due out Tuesday 28th will ship as originally scheduled since we have begun shipping orders early.
On Tuesday and Wednesday, we will still be answering phones on a limited basis. Since we utilize a VOIP system, some staff members are taking phones home. However, we are unclear how badly electricity and internet connectivity will be affected. We will also continue answering emails the best that we can.
We ask all customers to please be patient with us for the next couple days.